CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK BUSINESS FUND
Grants for businesses that are required to close by law as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Find out who is eligible and how to apply.
Whether your business is eligible will depend on where your premises are located and what level of restrictions are in place at any point in time.
You can apply if:
- your business has been directly impacted by restrictions, and the type/sector is specifically mentioned in the Businesses/premises required to close list [see where to find this below]
- you have a business bank account – this is the account your grant will be paid into if your application is successful
- your business is registered for non-domestic rates – if you pay rates through a landlord rather than directly to a local authority you can still apply but must provide evidence through a copy of the lease agreement
Limited companies (including Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations), sole traders, trust and partnerships can apply provided they meet the above criteria.
If your business operates multiple premises you can apply for grants for each premise. All premises should be included in one application which should be sent to and processed by the local authority area in which your business is headquartered. The maximum any one business can receive will be restricted, regardless of the number of premises.
Who cannot apply
You cannot apply if your business:
- type or sector is not specifically mentioned in the Businesses/premises required to close list [see where to find this below] (as set out in schedules of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020– part 1 contains the business closures, and part 2 contains the business restrictions)
- has breached wider COVID-19 regulations/requirements prior to local restrictions
- has connections to tax havens, as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Act 2020
Businesses/premises required to close and eligible for a temporary closure grant for each level can be found at:
If you require our assistance please contact us on: